Hawkins Pressure Cookers


I am a big Fan of Hawkins Pressure cooker. Its fortunate for the Hawkins company, that it is only Indians who has to have a pressure cooker in his/her kitchen. If pressure cookers were as necessary to any other form of cooking as it is to Indian cooking, Hawkins wouldn’t have been the market leader it is today. [Disclaimer: I own Hawkins stocks]. Pressure cookers are an absolute necessity for Indian cooking. It is the easiest way to boil daal, or pulses, which is a staple to the Indian Diet. Indians, who are primarily vegetarians have to have a pulse base dish for his/her meal to make up for the protein that a Vegetarian meal lacks. Pulse is usually boiled, and then tempered with spices in Hot oil or Ghee (Indian Butter). Pressure cookers, which are air tight aluminum cooking utensils, cooks pulses in a short time, and Daal or a the Pulse dish being a staple, for a wholesome Indian Meal, Indian Cooking need a Pressure Cooker and a Kadhai, which is a hemispheric, thick metal pan.
Because every middle class and above household in India owns at least a Hawkins pressure cooker, I have had good returns on the Hawkins stock I own. I personally own several sizes of Hawkins. Besides pulses, I also cook my rice and most of my meat curries in a pressure cooker.
When in India I used to cook meat in Kadhai, unless, I wanted to cook real tender meat. So I have been using Pressure cooker for many types of cooking. it was only after I had to stay for an elongated stay at the US that I realized how much more useful the pressure cooker is. Lesser quality brands builds the pressure cooker with thinner aluminum body, but the Hawkins cookers are build with the right thickness that if you can control the heat it will never burn your food, which is a common phenomenon for cooking slow fried indian dishes.
The Hawkins pressure cookers, with the right thickness, spreads the heat evenly on the food , an I could make all kinds of Indian Subzee using my trusted Pressure cooker. I couldn’t imagine how my cooking life would have been, had it not been for my trusted Hawkins pressure cooker.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
 

Followers

Total Pageviews

Labels

About Me

indian cooking recipes
View my complete profile