Chicken Masala Dry and Tasty Gravy


Sorry for the delay.
I am back after a long time, and I cooked this dish about a year back. But then, I know all my recipes by heart.
The gravy is onion based with some tomato. I never get excess with the tomatoes, so it was low on the tomato and the gravy was mostly Onion-Ginger-Garlic flavored.
I cooked it the way we cook chicken, only I didn’t put water, and it was cooked in its own juice. That made all the difference, and tastier.
Clean 1 kilo of chicken, and marinade in Turmeric (Half TSP or less)+ Dhania Power (1 TSP) + Jeera Powder (1 TSP) + Salt to taste + some red chilli + 1 TBS each of ginger and garlic paste, in a bowl and keep it covered. Marinade for at least 2 hours.
Chop three large onions.
Chop one large tomato.
Slice 3 green chillis.
Heat 2 Tbs vegetable Oil in a thick Bottom Pan.
Add some mustard seed (1 tsp)+1 tsp jeera + 1 tsp Meethi seeds.
Add 1/3rd the Onions and fry till golden brown. Now add rest of the onions and fry till limp.
Add the chicken, and stir slowly.
Let them mix well, and in normal heat cook for 5 minutes.
Now cover the chicken and cook for 15 -20 minutes in medium, stirring from time to time.
Now open the lid, and add the tomatoes.
Increase the heat and cook till water/juice has evaporated and the gravy is almost dry,.
If you can’t do without gravy, cook some Daal :)
Garnish with coriander and Enjoy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
 

Followers

Total Pageviews

Labels

About Me

indian cooking recipes
View my complete profile